My Weekend Cigar: Arturo Fuente Hemingway Signature


I picked up a 5-pack of Hemingway Signature cigars several years ago, smoked three of them, and placed the remaining two in one of my humidors. Yesterday, while searching for something to smoke, I wound up digging a little deeper than usual and voila!, there they were. It's been way too long, I thought, so off we went to the comfy chair with a mug of coffee and watched the ballgame.

This is one of my all-time favorite cigars and it did not disappoint. The Cameroon wrapper had darkened some and the cigar was well-packed. Although I would categorize the Hemingway Signature as "mild," by the last couple of inches it was stoking pretty well up in the medium-body range.

Upon lighting there's that marvelous shot of sweet tobacco that rides along an effortless draw. Living up to it's "perfecto" shape classification, the burn was clean, and the balance was dead center.

This is not a complex cigar, but it is amazingly consistent. The smoke offers a creamy base of sweet wood with a prevalent nutmeg flavor and a wonderful aroma. I also like its 6" x 47 dimensions, which are similar to another one of my favorite Arturo Fuente cigars, the 8-5-8 Flor Fina. (Try 'em in the Maduro!)

A good friend of mine once told me how much he enjoys the Hemingway Signature in the morning. I agree, and it really pairs well with coffee, too. But these cigars are great just about any time. Moreover, if you're just getting into smoking premium cigars, I recommend this cigar as a special treat. You'll see what I mean.

One last thing I noticed that some of you more experienced readers may already know. When I got down to those last couple of inches I let the cigar rest a little longer than usual. This allows the cigar to cool down and it helped keep it from becoming bitter, making it all that more enjoyable.

Try to make sure you always have a few Hemingway cigars in your collection. Considering their pedigree and popularity, the prices are pretty reasonable.

~ Gary Korb

Comments

I have to agree with you on the Hemingway Signature. It is my top "go to" cigar. The consistency and quality are always first rate and I have never had a bad experience with the Hemingway Signature.

Popular Posts