That aligning the cigar bands thing

A couple of weeks ago I bought myself a new cigar humidor. After seasoning it for about four days, it was time to put in the cigars. I decided that the new box would be used for my everyday cigars, while my primo puros remained in my older cigar humidors. I had to do a lot of digging, and it's amazing what you find down in the bowels of the box.

I found that I still had a few Arturo Fuente Don Carlos Robustos, some Arturo Fuente 8-5-8 Flor Fina Maduros, and a couple of Hemingway Signatures left over. I even found a La Gloria Cubana Reserve Figurado, some limited edition Davidoff cigars, a The Griffin's Special XXI 2005, a Perdomo EdicĂ­on de Silvio, and "the king," a Padron 1926 40th Anniversary Torpedo. I had also forgotten about the Cuban Montecristo No.2 and the Partagas Serie D No.4 someone brought back to me from Europe.

So, I start moving the cigars into the new box, and I noticed that I have this habit of not only organizing the cigars by length, but also making sure that all the bands are facing up. I am somewhat of a neat freak, but until now I didn't notice I had this other little eccentricity. If I had to give a reason, I suppose it would be for instant brand identification. I was also wondering if anyone else out there does the same thing with their cigars?

I have a sneaky suspicion that they do. ;-)

Comments

Popular Posts