Cigars and Cold Weather (or, A Recipe for a Smoky Garage)
"The more, the merrier," gushes my inner jolly old elf.
Not so fast you chubby, red-cheeked bastard. What you failed to consider were the logistics of enjoying a cold-weather cigar in the garage. Here's the facts:
1. It's detached, so the missus will be happy (or at least content)
2. A couple oil-filled space heaters will ensure our comfort
3. It's lacking any kind of smoke mitigation system
Wait…what? Three dudes smoking cigars in a warm garage that…lacks ventilation? This is akin to being served your favorite drink, only to find you have to slurp it up from a puddle on the bar. I'll make a few predictions:
1. One of the garage doors will have to be cracked to allow smoke to escape
2. Cold weather will creep in, rendering the heaters practically useless
3. We'll be too schnockered to notice
4. I'll make a New Year's Resolution to get a ventilation system, then forget all about it once the weather warms up
C'est la vie, I guess. Any suggestions?
- Hayward Tenney